Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deep Rootz Tea House

My first and favorite job to date was working as a team member in a tea house. I got my job when the owner noticed that I was the only kid in my age group going there and she noticed I was doing homework every time I went. I would speak to the owner about how school was and herbalism.I was 15 when I got the job and I stuck with it a whole year. The business was sold a week before I finished working there. I loved my job because I had the freedom to do whatever I wanted in the tea house. This meant that I can hold any position at any moment and there was no reason for me not to be busy. When I felt social I would prepare and serve tea with food, cashier, and recite poetry for the customers. When I was feeling down I would occupy my time with duties that didn't require social interaction like cleaning the tea house property inside and out. It was a job that welcomed my personality and was a home away from home. I can't think of a single job out there that is 100% stress free other than this one. The only thing I didn't like about this job was losing it. When I found out that the business was sold I was highly upset for two reasons, the tea house lost all of their customers due to new policies from the new owner and I was robbed of my sanctuary. I am still friends with the owner and we still have our tea and art. I learned from working in this tea house that some work environments value their employees as much as their customers. Work doesn't have to be a dread if you like what you are doing as work. Working in the tea house has given me the drive to move forward to pursue my passion. The wisest thing I have ever heard in my life came from that tea house "work in something you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life".

No comments:

Post a Comment