Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Internship Readiness

There are many qualities to an internship ready student. The most important of these to me are dependability, consistency, obedience and open mindedness. The internship phase for a Year Up student comes with two objectives. The first is obtaining work experience and learning as much about an I.T. career as possible. The second is remaining professional to prove yourself as a worthy candidate and asset to a company. I believe that by combining all my effort into training these four qualities, I can make a great impression on the company I intern with and create opportunities for new Year Up students.
I plan to demonstrate my internship readiness by improving my dependability, keeping my opinion to myself, enhancing communication skills and remaining consistent. In order to improve my dependability, I will be establishing residence with family members, turn assignments in by the deadline and researching resources. I will review my time management daily to help counter unpredicted events that might hinder me from my responsibilities.
My attitude has a major effect on my performance and my work environment. For module 3 I plan to improve my attitude through taking advantage of my downtime. I am a person that chooses to stay busy and even though this can be a plus professionally, the long term effect can become negative. I, like most people, burn out through constant work and without using a break for what it is I can become crabby and openly express a negative attitude. This is why I must relax when I am supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment