Friday, October 14, 2011

There is no neighbor in "hood"

I grew up in the ghettos and slums of the S.F. Bay Area. Through my upbringing in these areas I have drawn this conclusion, I HATE THE GHETTO. I have seen soo much ignorance in these communities and the hardships I have endured in these areas was the drive I needed to get out. I didn't care if I had to eat out of the trash and sleep in an ally. I had to get out of the ghetto. I spent a few years as a vagabond and experienced the cultural spectrum of many communities. It is my observation that without any economic stimulation a community is doomed to become a war-zone because there is nothing to lose in that area anyway. Living in ghettos I hated having to travel far and wide for my basic needs such as going to school, work, or food. As a result from having to commute to exist in the only place I can afford, I thought I could never afford to move out. Finally I swallowed my pride and became a vagabond because when it comes down to it, there is no opportunity in these areas, no one could afford to even help themselves, and if I had any hope of getting out of this social environmental death trap it's going to hurt. By taking this path I learned that while I was considered the scum of the Earth I was a better investment than a ghetto. Most people are worth saving however we should take no pity in slum communities. They made their surroundings what it is and they have the power to change it, Harlem is a great example. They were a well-established community, became a slum, and now are undergoing gentrification. My point is, why invest in a community that doesn’t want to be invested in? Living in the ghetto made me hate these communities, what they are, what they stand for. I believe that unless they decide to change from within they should be eliminated for social justice and world peace. Demolition of these areas is a service.

No comments:

Post a Comment